16 August 2007

bring me penguin dust

le penguin

This little guy is a commission piece I did for a friend and one of several commissions that I have been working on this week, while simultaneously working on the stuff for the Open Studio. I am finally getting excited about this. I think that's because I now have some finished pieces to show, and there are a number of works that are almost there. I have to say, hand-sewing can be so satisfying, and as Lisa once said to me, that little round gusset head is especially satisfying once it's done.

By the way, a few folks have asked about the woodgrain fabric I've been using (A LOT) lately. It's part of the Aviary collection by Joel Dewberry, and I got some from Repro Depot. I know they also carry the line at Purl, Cia's, Sew Mama Sew, and Hancock's, but it seems that all these sources, including Repro Depot, are out of the dark brown woodgrain at the moment. (Actually, I think Sew Mama Sew might have some available.) Some do have the other color woodgrains available, and some don't have any woodgrain left at all. Considering how big the demand for it seems to be, I think they will all be restocking it soon, so keep an eye out for that. The entire collection is really beautiful, so even if you can't get your hands on the woodgrain, you will definitely fall in love with one or more of the prints.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Just when I think your softies can't get any cuter. Criminy, woman. This one actually gave me a little cute-pang in my heart. What's next? Otters? Polar bears? Wombats?

Mama Urchin said...

That penguin - so cute.

natasha said...

woodgrain fabric? swooooon.

kris said...

a penguin! i love penguins! awww-overdose, maritza.

Nicole said...

ack ack ack CUTE penguin. Just love your work.

Shannon said...

What a little cutie! I hope you update your etsy shop soon...I have to have one of your softies.

Kristine said...

Wow, that penguin is just divine. I love him.

sulu-design said...

The penguin rocks. Period.